PART-TIME ATHLETICS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Goal: The Athletics Administrative Assistant will be counted on to provide administrative support to the athletic director and coaching staff, and will act as a liaison to the faculty, staff, students, parents, members of the Marian Athletic Club, alumnae, and the greater Marian community.
The successful Athletic Assistant will possess high-energy and a “can-do” attitude. While the director of athletics is a full-time employee, most of the coaching staff are not. Coaches will often have a very short window of time before practice or games to get things done, and will count on the Athletic Assistant to help them communicate with faculty, staff, students and parents, complete time sensitive documents, maintain confidential information, and keep records for future use. The Athletic Assistant must be able to balance multiple projects and changing priorities during stressful situations without losing focus.
Important to the position is the ability to maintain confidential information. The Athletic Assistant may become aware of student grades, health concerns, and perhaps issues with respect to their friends and family. It is imperative that the Athletic Assistant maintains the strictest confidence (except in emergency situations) as it relates to these matters and other issues as they become known.
In many cases the Athletic Assistant will be the first person someone meets when visiting the athletic department. It is imperative that the Athletic Assistant understands the importance of providing a positive first impression and demonstrating a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Completing purchase orders for signature
- Assisting the athletic director with MHSAA and CHSL athletic eligibility forms
- Maintaining the athletic department master schedule of all home and away events and coordinating the schedule with Marian High School master schedule.
- Assist in scheduling event management personnel (box office, ticket takers, concession stand personnel, scorekeepers, clock operators, etc.)
- Assisting the coaching staff with coordinating transportation, hotel reservations, meals, etc.
- Providing support to the athletic director and coaching staff during tournament time – timely submission of tournament entry fees and paperwork
- Assisting the medical staff with medical clearance process for the athletes
- Scheduling game officials and ensuring they are paid on time
- Assisting the athletic director and coaching staff with reporting event scores
- Assisting the athletic director with maintaining the athletic department’s pages on the Marian Athletics website including, posting team rosters, revising schedules, ticket info., etc.
- Coordinating with our faculty and staff “early dismissals” for students needing to leave school early to attend athletic events
- Ensuring that accident reports are completed and directed to appropriate personnel within the school
- Ordering and tracking awards with coaching staff
- Assisting the athletic director, coaching staff, Marian Athletic Club, etc. with major events.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel), Internet, and athletics software including FinalForms, Arbiter, ScheduleStar/BigTeams, GoFan, MHSAA.com, Dropbox – will train
- Trustworthy – able to maintain confidential information as appropriate, for example academic and health records, personal family information, etc.
- Strong organizational skills – the ability to balance multiple projects and changing priorities without losing focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a complex team-oriented environment in order to accomplish department goals and objectives.
- A willingness to help others in the department and throughout the school as necessary
- Maintain a “solution conscious” attitude when faced with challenges
- Able to follow and complete detailed verbal and written instructions within specified timeframes
- Able to perform assigned duties with speed and accuracy
- Proven record of attendance and punctuality
Qualifications or Skills Preferred:
- Experience working in an athletic department setting or a high-demand office environment
- Familiarity with the “language of sports”
Application Deadline: Position will be Open until filled.
Interested candidates should complete this
online employment application.