Please pay careful attention to the grade/Class of information below to be sure you are following the correct application instructions!
Instructions for 8th Graders Seeking Fall '22-'23 Enrollment in Marian's Class of 2026:
Your High School Placement Test* registration and Admission Application portals are now live! Complete the following steps via the links provided below no later than December 2 to be sure your application file is complete on time:
*The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is required
for admission to Marian's Class of 2026. The HSPT will be offered for the first time on Saturday, November 20, with a makeup date of Saturday, December 4. Students who qualify for extended time accommodations should register for the December 4 test date.
Instructions for Students Seeking TRANSFER Enrollment*:
ACADEMIC MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE CLASS OF 2026
Students who apply for admission to the Class of 2026 by Thursday, December 2, 2021 and meet the following criteria will be considered for renewable* academic merit scholarships to be awarded at the time of acceptance:
- Student has achieved an “A” in all core academic subjects (English, math, science and social studies) for grade 7 and grade 8 (1st quarter).
- Student has achieved a minimum national percentile composite score of 90 on the HSPT (must test in November or December).
- Student has submitted the required Academic Merit Scholarship Application/Essay (this is different than the required admission application essay) and a teacher recommendation letter by Thursday, December 2, 2021.
If all criteria are met, scholarships will be awarded as follows:
HSPT Composite (National Percentile) 97-99 94-96 90-93
Academic Merit Scholarship Award $3,000 $2,500 $1,500
*Students must maintain a 3.5 GPA for renewal.
Please contact the Admission Office for grade specific transfer information, then:
*Important notes regarding transfer admission: If applying for transfer admission, please be aware that MHSAA rules may limit a student’s athletic eligibility upon transferring from one high school to another. The last opportunity for a student to apply to Marian is for second quarter start of 11th grade.
- Complete the Transfer Admission Application.
- Submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- supplemental essay question
- standardized test results for the current plus previous two academic years
- report cards for the current previous two academic years
- Upon an initial review, the Admission Committee will determine if student will move forward to the next step in the process, a transfer interview.
The Admission Committee members focus on the prospective student's potential for academic success during her four years at Marian as they review her application, test scores and grades. Marian does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, tuition assistance or any school administered program.